Research and Publication Ethics
All members of “The Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering” should perceive that our researches improve the quality of life of human and have a great influence on community. Also we should cherish harmonious and tranquil life, living together with neighbors and nature. Therefore, all members of KSNVE should have higher moral sense and behave honestly and fairly to maintain authority, honor and dignity.
- Authors should use their own knowledge and technology to improve the quality of life of human.
- Through the activities of KSNVE, authors should contribute to the development of Noise and Vibration Engineering and industry and make efforts to promote the public interest for tranquil life. In addition, they should devote themselves to their field and strive to boost competitiveness and the authority as experts on Noise and Vibration Engineering.
- Authors should behave honestly and fairly for education, research and real participation according to their scholastic conscience and ethic.
- Authors should not behave against the purpose of the foundation of the society.
Duplicate Publication of Data
Papers should contain new results of original research and academic contribution to noise and vibration engineering, which hasn't been submitted or published in any other journals. Also the published paper to this journal should not be submitted or published in any other journals.
Authors must not have presented portions of another’s work or data as their own under any circumstances.
Policy on Commercialism
Manuscripts submitted for consideration for publication in KSNVE are not to be used as a platform for commercialism or unjust means.
Every manuscript received is to be reviewed fairly by reviewer’s conscience as a scholar. And Ethics Committee deliberate and decide on all matters related to research misconduct.
Research Ethics and Ethics Committee Regulations
- (Purpose) This provision is subject to the code of ethics of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering(KSNVE), which publishes and presents academic activities such as research ethics and the establishment of relationships in KSNVE. The purpose of this document is to set forth the terms of the research ethics committee for operational sanctions.
- (Configuration and Functions) ① The committee shall be composed of one chairman, one secretary, and five committee members. ② Chairman and members shall be elected by the board of directors and appointed by the KSNVE president. ③ The terms of the chairman and members are two years, and both can be reappointed. ④ The chairman shall represent the committee and oversees the work of the ethics of the KSNVE.
- (Function) The committee shall work with the following contents: (1) Research and prosecute established ethics, (2) Prevent and contain research misconduct, (3) Research misconduct deliberation and voting, (4) Report results to the board of directors for decisions and sanctions more on cheaters, (5) Provide more details on the improvement and promotion of research ethics.
- (Convening and Voting) ① The committee shall be convened as necessary by the chairman. The vote in favor of 2/3 of registered members. ② The details that have passed the vote shall be notified to the suspect of misconduct (defendant) and the defendant's opinion must be received as a written plea within 10 days. ③ The committee shall review the explanatory materials received from the person suspected of misconduct. The ever need to listen to your thoughts when the final vote. ④ The details that have passed the vote shall be reported to the board of directors to reach a final decision. ⑤ When judged necessary, the chairman may listen to comments from outsiders or non-members. ⑥ The presented details of attendees or the details of meeting from the committee shall be kept confidential as a general rule.
- (Scope of Research Publication Misconduct) ① "Plagiarism" refers to the act of theft without quoting such information or the results of the research of others without revealing the source. ② "Falsification" or "alteration" is the use of another person's or one's own research results of operations or strain, says the act of distortion. ③ "Duplicate publication" stands for the act of publishing the same details in two or more journals. ④ "Wrongful inscription of author" stands for the action of putting on someone who has not contributed to the research as an author. ⑤ Others say the unacceptable range.
- (Informing and Notifying Research Misconduct) ① The contents of research misconduct are limited to the publications "Journal of KSNVE" and "Trans. Korean Soc. Noise Vib. Eng." ② The report of research misconduct must be submitted in writing accompanied by the relevant data in accordance with the five W's and one H. ③ The committee then received a report that information within three months of deliberations to finalize the report to the board of directors. ④ The final content as determined by the board of directors shall notify the informant and the malfeasant within 10 days and posted on the KSNVE homepage. ⑤ The end result regarding the misconduct should not be released to the public before finalized.
- (Sanctions for Research Misconduct) ① For authors whose research misconduct has been confirmed, punishment may be selected to be imposed on each case after being reviewed by the committee and considering the severity of misconduct determined by the committee: 1) Cancellation of publications published by the KSNVE for the announcement study, 2) Prohibition for five years from contributing "Journal of KSNVE" and "Trans. Korean Soc. Noise Vib. Eng.", 3) Prohibition for five years from attending the KSNVE Conference, 4) Notification of the details of misconduct to the institution, 5) Disqualification of society members. ② If a caller has intentionally and falsely reported a violation, according to the decision of the committee, the committee may impose the same sanctions and level as described in "Sanctions for Research Misconduct."
This regulation shall enter into force on October 24, 2008 (enactment)